Thursday, August 18, 2011

San(s Water) Marcos

I am writing from San Marcos, a college town in Texas that makes me very glad I moved to Michigan. They say the grass is always greener on the other side. If the other side is Houston, that statement could not ring truer! All I can see is yellow, yellow, yellow for miles. San Marcos, it appears, is proof that the drought actually exists. Who(ustonian) knew?

As I type, my sister Becca is becoming a big girl. She is registering for her dorm room, a colossal 9x13 double, at Texas State. I cannot pretend that I am not worried. My sister has never struck me as a big, state school kind of girl. Regardless, change is in the air (I would say wind, but it does not seem relevant in San Marcos, where there is not any). Now that Becca is moving into her new life, it is becoming more and more apparent to me that I am about to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment